BundleBox Help Center
- How it works
- About us
- Top USA websites
Terms & Conditions
Bundlebox.com is a service owned and operated by SEKO Logistics, and its services operate under the BIFA 2005 Standard Trading Conditions
Bundlebox.com will be referred to as BundleBox throughout this document.
USA address and receipt of shipment
1. BundleBox is aimed at origin/USA-based e-tailers/retailers and destination-based private individuals or commercial entities.
2. Registration of the Customer to the BundleBox service will represent the Customer’s acceptance of this agreement and the authorization to charge the Customer’s credit card for all future services and/or account activity with BundleBox. Such charges may include but are not limited to registration fee, shipping & handling charges, storage charges, import duty and taxes charges where applicable, any optional services, and any additional charges that may be incurred as a result of negligence on the Customer’s side.
3. BundleBox will provide the Customer, as an Importer of Record, with a unique personal delivery address and BundleBox ID.
4. The Customer will take all reasonable measures to ensure that goods are correctly addressed to their BundleBox address and ensure their BundleBox ID is always present in the address.
5. BundleBox cannot be held responsible for goods lost, delayed or damaged in transit between the Customer's supplier and the BundleBox export facility.
6. BundleBox will receive deliveries on behalf of the Customer to this address in good faith.
7. BundleBox will NOT accept packages delivered on a COD (Cash on Delivery) basis. If this occurs BundleBox will reject the items and notify the Customer of the rejection.
8. BundleBox will not accept packages into a Suite for individuals other than the Registered Customer.
9. BundleBox reserves the right to refuse delivery if the goods are obviously damaged or prohibited and may reject them on arrival. BundleBox will notify the Customer if damaged or prohibited goods are rejected. If prohibited items are discovered after the initial delivery inspection, BundleBox will either notify the Customer via the BundleBox message centre or, in the case of contraband, will notify the relevant customs authorities. Prohibited or restricted items are not storable, and must be shipped to an alternate address, returned to sender, or disposed of promptly.
10. BundleBox cannot be held responsible for the contents of any package.
Storage at the BundleBox facility
11. The Customer can store their purchases in the BundleBox export facility free of charge for 30 days from the day of arrival. After 30 days in storage, packages will incur a storage charge of £1 per day which will be payable by the Customer at the time of booking the shipment. Advance notice will be given before charges are incurred.
12. After 60 days in storage, if payment is not made, BundleBox reserves the right to release, dispose of, or sell a package without incurring any liability whatsoever to the Customer or anyone else.
13. BundleBox offers an optional suite insurance, to cover all goods up to the declared value per suite for a maximum value of US$10,000 for a period of 30 days from arrival, for all risks with no excess. The maximum amount covered depends on the type of suite insurance taken. Suite insurance will cease once the goods are first moved within the warehouse for the purpose of immediate loading into or onto the carrying vehicle or other conveyance for the commencement of transit.
14. In case the Customer has opted in for the suite insurance, if damage is discovered to an item whilst in storage at the BundleBox export facility or if an item is lost, BundleBox will automatically start the insurance claims proceedings on the Customer's behalf.
Exporting and delivery to the Customer
15. BundleBox provides international shipping services through international carriers. BundleBox is entitled to procure any or all of those services as an agent, and to provide those services as a principal.
16. To use the BundleBox shipping service, the Customer grants a “Limited” Power of Attorney to BundleBox to act as an agent for:
- Preparation of shipping documents, including airway bill, commercial invoice, packing list, and any other document required to ship the Customer’s merchandise
- Preparation of Certificate of Origin where required by customs at destination and requested by the Customer;
- Preparation of an EEI (formerly known as SED) for shipments with a value above $2,500
- Customs clearance
17. The Customer can request for items in their BundleBox suite to be repacked prior to booking a shipment. This is a paid service that aims to consolidate goods to minimize dimensional weight. The potential cost saving can be estimated on the website. The actual amount of shipping cost saving will depend on the amount of volume that can be reduced versus the cost of this service. Where no cost benefit is achieved from repacking, the warehouse will inform the Customer.
18. BundleBox offers an annual Super Saver account which is optional. Customers that upgrade their accounts to a Super Saver account get shipping cost discounts of 20% for a year from the date their accounts are upgraded. This upgrade has a non-refundable cost of $99, and expires after 12 months. Where multiple discounts are available, due to Super Saver or other reason, only the highest discount will apply.
19. When the Customer requests packages to be shipped and has paid all shipping charges (including carrier's surcharges), duties, taxes, repacking and storage costs (if incurred), BundleBox will transport the shipment to the Customer's home country and deliver it to the requested address.
20. Shipping charges can be calculated on the website. The chargeable weight is either the actual weight or the dimensional (volumetric) weight, whichever is higher. Volumetric weight (in kg) is calculated as follows: length x width x height (in cm) / 5000. Shipping charges are calculated to the nearest half kilo. The Customer can get a shipping estimate from the "Rates" section, or a total landed cost, i.e. import duty and taxes included to certain destinations from the "Total cost calculator" section. The calculator assumes delivery to 'main delivery areas' in the destination country. International carriers may charge an additional extended delivery area surcharge for deliveries to remote and less-accessible locations. The calculator assumes an international courier service, and packages below the maximum size thresholds. International carriers may charge an additional handling surcharge for packages that measure greater than 60 inches along its longest side, greater than 30 inches along its second-longest side, and has an actual weight of greater than 70 lbs.
21. The maximum weight and size limits for packages to ship on an international courier service are 150 lbs., 108 inches in length, and 130 inches in length and girth. Packages over these limits can be shipped on a freight service. A freight quote is not available from the system's calculator, but can be requested through the message centre.
22. Where no insurance is taken by the Customer, every shipment is transported on a limited liability basis, relating to direct loss only and limited to 2 SDR's per Kilo, or a maximum of the value of the goods lost, in line with the BIFA 2005 Trading Conditions. All other types of loss or damage are excluded (including, but not limited to, lost profits, income, interest or future business). Any claim should be notified by the Customer in writing to BundleBox within 7 days of any event or occurrence alleged to give rise to such claim.
23. Special risk or high value items are recommended to be insured by the Customer. Content insurance is available through BundleBox for shipments in transit. Content insurance covers shipments during transit to a maximum of $10,000 per item, all risks and no excess. In case of damage or loss prior to delivery to the final destination, should be notified by the Customer to BundleBox in writing. Bundle Box will manage the claims process on the Customer's behalf. All claims are reviewed individually and based on the declared value.
24. BundleBox is not liable for any loss or damage arising out of circumstances beyond BundleBox' control. These include, but are not limited to:
- Deliveries at the Export facility
- An Act of God, for example earthquake, cyclone, storm, flood, fog;
- Force Majeure, for example war, plane crash or embargo;
- Any defect or characteristic related to the nature of the shipment, even if known to BundleBox;
- Riot, civil commotion or industrial action;
- Damage to, or erasure of, electronic or photographic images, data or recordings due to electrical or magnetic interference.
25. BundleBox will make every reasonable effort to deliver the shipment according to their regular delivery schedules, but these are not guaranteed and do not form part of the contract. BundleBox is not liable for any claims on the basis of delays.
26. The Customer is responsible for and warrants their compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including, but not limited to, the export laws and government regulations of any country to, from, through or over which the Customer’s shipment may be carried. This responsibility includes determining and meeting any and all applicable license requirements, and any and all import license requirements of the destination country. Failure to observe this may result in the rejection of the parcel by customs at destination and return of the parcel to BundleBox Export Facility. The cost of return will be incurred by the Customer.
27. The Customer will not use BundleBox to either receive or send illegal, stolen, hazardous or dangerous materials, prohibited goods or controlled substances. The Customer will be responsible for any penalties or fines resulting from a violation of this condition.
28. BundleBox, or any company acting on their behalf has the right to open and inspect any shipment, or part thereof, for security purposes, without prior notice to the Customer.
29. An Electronic Export Information (EEI) is required for shipments with a value above $2,500. A $25 charge for EEI preparation will apply if this is required.
30. A Certificate of Origin can be required by customs at some destinations, for goods manufactured and originating within the United States. A $60 preparation charge will apply if this is required.
31. BundleBox does not deliver parcels within the USA, with the only exception of return purchases to the USA merchant, upon request by the Customer.
32. Product returns from the BundleBox export facility to the vendor/retailer can be requested by the Customer as long as the return has been authorized by the vendor. A return authorization number needs to be presented to BundleBox. If a return label is provided by the vendor, the Customer has to send it to BundleBox in a printable format (e.g. through a URL or in PDF format). If a vendor authorizes a return but does not provide a return label, BundleBox can arrange the return at the corresponding shipping rate plus an admin fee.
33. BundleBox is not responsible for and not able to arrange returns from the destination country back to the USA.
Customs Clearance and Import Duty and VAT payment
34. BundleBox calculates import duty and VAT to certain destinations. Customers who require a shipping service to these destinations can choose to prepay import duty and taxes to BundleBox. Where import duty and VAT is not prepaid to BundleBox, it is payable at destination by the Customer to clear customs prior to delivery.
35. The Customer is responsible for declaring the correct product category for every item shipped. Failure to categorise goods correctly, may result in additional charges, delays, product impounded and Customs penalties. If the Customer has trouble categorising or classifying their goods, BundleBox can offer assistance through the BundleBox message centre.
36. The Customer is responsible for declaring the correct valuation and contents of each item for the purpose of Duty and Tax calculation and payment. BundleBox reserves the right to request invoices of the goods prior to shipping them. Shipments may be inspected at any time by import Customs authorities and those with incorrect valuations or contents may be held by Customs and may incur penalties and/or additional charges. Failure to pay any outstanding fees may result in the goods being seized by Customs. These charges plus an administration fee of £45.00 will need to be paid in full by the Customer to BundleBox before or after the goods are released by Customs. BundleBox may also be required to co-operate with Customs in investigating any cases where it would appear that a Customer was deliberately attempting to avoid paying duties and taxes.
37. The Customer is deemed to be the importer of record and is therefore fully responsible for providing truthful and accurate information pertaining to the goods being imported, their value and the importer.
38. If a Customer disputes the amount charged for Duty and VAT they have the right to go to the relevant Customs authority and request a rebate. In case of an import duty pre-paid delivery shipment, BundleBox pays the exact amount of Duty and VAT collected to customs and therefore does not profit from this process. The Customs authority for UK customers is:
HM Revenue & Customs
National Duty Repayment Centre (NDRC)
St Johns Road
39. For pre-paid import taxes delivery services, BundleBox uses the official exchange rates set by customs bodies to calculate duties and taxes.
40. For pre-paid import taxes delivery services, BundleBox charges a fixed percentage fee of 3.5% of Duty and VAT + £1.00 to cover its bank charges, as the Tax is a handover process and not a financial element controlled by BundleBox (e.g. £75 VAT and £25 Duty results in a £4.50 payment processing charge).
Cancellation & Refund policy
41. The Customer can cancel their BundleBox registration at any time. The $15 registration fee will be refunded provided that the account is cancelled within 45 days and no shipments have been booked. If the Customer has made a shipment booking and paid for the BundleBox suite insurance fee, BundleBox will not refund the BundleBox suite insurance fee. If the user has not made a shipment booking yet, the BundleBox suite insurance fee will not be charged.
42. The Customer can cancel a shipment booking before the shipment is processed. After that it is not possible to cancel a shipment. BundleBox will not refund any shipment or insurance related charges after a booking has been processed and the shipment has been picked up.
43. BundleBox may terminate the Customer's membership if the terms and conditions in this agreement are violated.
44. BundleBox reserves the right to change or modify service charges at any time.
45. BundleBox reserves the right to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions anytime. The Customer is advised to review the terms and conditions periodically.
46. Refunds for Suite fee's will only be applicable if loss or damage has occurred to a Customer’s items whilst at the BundleBox facility, no other requests for refunds will be accepted.
47. Quotation information offered by BundleBox is offered for estimation purposes only.
48. In the event of Bankruptcy or Administration, the funds for live transactions are held in a trust account, ensuring processing completion, as is insurance.
50. For complaints regarding shipping, general service, pricing, information, disputed charges, charge back requests or lost or damaged articles the Customer can contact BundleBox through the message centre or email email@example.com.